Putting some art on a window can have an amazing effect on your house. Try this DIY Sandblast Window Art for your windows.
Instead of having blinds on the windows by your kitchen door, why not try and do something different. Sandblasting can block out light and create a decorative effect for your kitchen. If you are renting, a simple sandblasting vinyl sticker is great to use, as you can pull it off when you move out.
What you will need for the window artwork:
1. Choose the design that you want.
2. If you can design it yourself you can save a lot of money, otherwise the designers at a print shop can assist you.
3. Take your artwork to a print shop to get cut out.
Here are some tips when applying the artwork:
1. Clean your windows very well with soapy water (you can fill a spray bottle with water and a bit of soap).
2. Make sure that there is no paint or other small objects on the windows and that they are very clean.
3. Spray soapy water on the window
4. Rub print to make sure that all of your design is lifted from the backing paper.
5. Carefully pull off the backing piece.
6. Spray soapy water on the back piece of the print onto the glue
7. Position the print over the soapy window and make sure you have it on straight.
8. Move out the water bubbles with an object.
9. Leave the print for a day to dry properly.