When it comes to gifts I really love making my own and what better time to make a thoughtful gift than valentine’s day. I wanted to make something special for my husband this year and I thought of creating a beautiful photostrip with a loving message.
Photostrips make such pretty gifts and they usually mean so much to the person that receives them. This is such an easy gift that you can create yourself and you need very little to make it. A lot of people create their photo strips digitally, but I love adding a more hands on approach to it and make it myself from scratch. So here is how you can create this sweet and beautiful photostrip from some of your most precious and loved memories as the perfect valentines gift.
What you will need:
1. Black Paper (For the photostrip)
2. White paper (For the white frames around your photos)
3. Your photos
1. Start by cutting the strip of black paper for the photostrip. Here are the dimensions for it:
* Length – 29.7cm
* Width – 6cm
* Block Height & Width – 6cm X 6cm
After you have done this fold the photostrip on the lines.
2. Cut out the white squares that will go behind your photos. These squares must be 4cm X 4cm
3. You will glue your photos onto the white squares so that it creates a white frame around your photos. Your photos must be 3cm X 3cm
4. Take the photo squares and glue them onto each block in the middle. I put photos in 4 of the blocks and in the last block I put a special message.
5. Lastly attach the piece of ribbon to the top of the photostrip
If you create your own photostrip for valentines day I would really love to see so leave me a comment, email me or tag Bobs & Rouge in your favourite social media.