Even though there are so many great lip products out there, it’s sometimes nice to know that you can make your own. I find it quite essential to have well looked after lips and I would love to share with you this amazing DIY Mixed Berries Lip Balm made using Petroleum Jelly.
This is really such an easy and inexpensive way to make your own lip balms and customize them exactly how you want. I am always struggling with dry lips so it’s essential for me to have a lip balm on hand, and in some cases Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) just works so much better.
6 Teaspoons Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly)
2 1/2 Teaspoons of cooldrink powder (I used Oros cooldrink mix)
- Scoop the Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) into a bowl
- Add your powder to the Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) and mix it in nicely
- Put the mixture in the microwave for 15 seconds
- Once you take it out, mix it well and add 1/2 a teaspoon of water and mix that in.
- Once you take it out of the microwave mix it well
- Scoop the lip balm into your desired holder and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
* The only thing that I find hard about creating this lip balm is the cleanup. Using hot water and a lot of dish washing liquid works well for cleaning the items you used to make the lip balm. I also find it best to use a sponge you can throw away to wash the items with.
If you want to get soft and nourished lips this is really a great DIY to try!This is the first DIY Lip Balm of four that I created so keep a look out for the rest and I would also love to see if you create this so please tag Bobs & Rouge in your favourite social media or leave me a comment below.