I decided to try baking cookies for the first time and decided to bake these cute Vanilla Heart Cookies. This is such an easy recipe to try out and the cookies are to die for!
I must say I am extremely proud of the cookies I baked, seeing as it was my first time baking cookies (I imagined it going totally wrong!) If you’re looking for delicious and easy cookies to bake, you really have to try these vanilla hearts.
130ml (120g) butter
80ml (70g) caster sugar
330ml (180g) flour
1 large egg yolk
5ml vanilla essence
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla essence
- Add in the flour and stir until you get a soft dough
- Take the dough and wrap it in cling wrap and put it in the fridge for an hour.
- To make your cookies, put a big sheet of cling wrap (or two sheets together) on a flat surface and roll the dough out on that. This dough is quite messy to work with and it’s very soft and crumbly (so if you think this might be wrong, it’s not).
- Once the dough is rolled out use your cookie cutter to cut shapes with.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes
I would love to hear what you thought of these Vanilla Heart Cookies. If you use this recipe, tag Bobs & Rouge on your favourite social media. I would love to see your take on it and feature it on my social media.