There is nothing quite as refreshing as an ice cold glass of water in the summer months, and I simply just love to add mint to my water. I have recently become to love mint water and it has become a favourite of mine this summer.
Adding mint to your water is such a simple thing to do and yet it can hold so many benefits (plus it is simply delicious!). Here are some of the amazing benefits of infusing mint in your water:
1. Mint is very high in antioxidants
2. It helps you digest more effectively
3. It can help relax cramped up stomach muscles
4. It gives a cool and fresh taste to your water
5. It can help improve the flow of bile from your Liver to the gallbladder, the small intestine which is where it breaks down dietary fats.
Making your own Mint Water
Making your own mint water is really simple. All you need is a pitcher of water, put a bunch of mint leaves in the water and put it in the fridge to infuse and chill. There you have water with a cool fresh taste.
So next time you drink a glass of water, add a few mint leaves to it. Not only is it refreshing and delicious, but also very healthy and good for you.