Music is the perfect way to set the mood for your wedding. Make sure that you choose the right music. Here is a guide on choosing your wedding music.
When it comes to selecting the music for your wedding it is a bit more complicated than just throwing a few of your favourite songs together. There is a lot that needs to be taken into account when doing so.
The first thing that you need to do is decide what type of music you want at your wedding:
- Do you want a live band?
- Do you want a wedding DJ?
- Do you want a String Quartet?
- Do you have a friend or family member in mind to sing or play an instrument?
Once you have decided on what type of music you want, the finer details come in play. The type of music that will be playing at your wedding will be determined by your theme and what you and your partner both like.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing the music for your wedding:
1. Keep your guests in mind when choosing your music. Even though it is your big day, you still want your guests to have a good time, and nothing spoils the atmosphere more than horrible, offensive or too loud music.
2. You and your partner need to sit together and compile a list of songs and decide on a style. Deciding together is very important as it is both your day and you want to enjoy every aspect of it together.
3. Consider the mood that you want to set with the music. You spent all the time planning your theme and you don’t want the music spoiling that. So choose music that will contribute to your overall theme.
When you opt to use a wedding DJ, there are a few factors that you need to keep in mind. Here is a list of important things to consider when you decide to use a wedding DJ:
1. Make sure that the Wedding DJ has enough experience and references before you hire them. You don’t want someone who rarely does weddings or that has bad references.
2. Make sure that the equipment that they are using is professional and of high quality.
3. Find out for how many people you need to provide a meal for. Most wedding DJ’s request that the DJ gets a meal.
4. Ask them if they bring any back-up equipment. You need to make sure that no matter what, your special day will not be ruined due to their sound equipment failing.
5. Make sure that they offer a money back guarantee if something should go wrong. Most DJ’s require a deposit and if you cancel they keep it, but make sure that you receive all your money back if the fault is on their side.
6. Make sure that they have all the equipment that you need on your big day.
7. Make sure which person will be attending your wedding and give through your dress code.