I just love a pretty gift bag, but sometimes the price you pay for them is just too much. Instead of spending a lot of money on expensive gift bags this festive season, why not make your own?
I find making my own gift bags to be so much fun and knowing how to make a pretty looking gift bag will come in quite handy for odd shaped gifts. I have put together a tutorial on how you can make your own gift bags out of your choice of wrapping paper.
Here is an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to create your own gift bags:
What you will need:
1. Wrapping paper (Click here to download the Gold Chevron wrapping paper)
3. Material for your handles
1. Take your sheet of wrapping paper and fold it in half.
2. Let the ends of the paper overlap slightly (0.5mm) and tape it together
3. Fold the base of your bag in and then open one side of the base, flatten the corners into a triangle shape
4. Fold the base over as shown in the picture and tape the two sides together (Make sure that there is a slight overlap)
5.Once you have taped up your base, put your hand into the bag and push the base down and the sides of the base out (So that it stands upwards on the base). When you do this, note that there will be openings in the corners of the bag, simply tape them closed.
6. Now you will add your handles. I used a pretty lace ribbon for my handles. Measure out your handles and using tape secure them in the inside. You can then over the inside of the bag where the handles are with a piece of paper the width of the bag to give it a neat finish.
7. And there you go, you can now put your gift in your self made gift bag!
I would love to see if you created your own gift bag using my tutorial! Please tag Bobs & Rouge in your favourite social media or send me an email with your creations!