Just because your hair is cut short doesn’t mean you can’t wear it curly. Wearing my bob curly is one of my favourite hairstyles. Here is how you can wear our short hair curly.
Short hair with curls look so beautiful, but sometimes you might find this look challenging to achieve. I have naturally curly and frizzy hair so curling my hair requires a few extra steps. It took me a while to figure out how to style my super curly hair and turn the frizzy curls into beautiful soft curls. Even though curling short frizzy hair is a bit more challenging to do, you can still do it if you know how!
Here is a guide on how you can curl your short frizzy hair (or just simply curl your short hair):
1. I’m not a big fan of blow drying my hair, so I let my hair dry naturally. When I want to curl my hair, I make sure that I prepare it first. I start off by combing my hair and straightening my roots (about 10-15cm). If I find that the rest of my hair is curling out of control or it is too frizzy, I simply run my straightener briefly over it.
2. Next I start splitting my hair into layers. I create a layer starting from the bottom and pin the rest of my hair up. Each time I am done with a layer I let my hair down, section off another layer and pin it back up again.
3. How much curl you want in your hair will depend on the look you are going for. If you want loose waves hold the curling iron for about 4-5 seconds, and if you want ringlets hold it for 7-8 seconds. Make sure not to touch your curls until they have cooled down.
5. After you have curled your hair and the curls have cooled down, gently take your fingers and separate the curls where needed to prevent them from forming ringlets (If you don’t want that look).
6. When you are done with curling your hair, spritz some hairspray of your choice on your curls. I love using the TRESemmé Salon Finish Firm Hold Hairspray on my curls. I find that spraying over my hair helps and to get the curls on the bottom layers, I gently move them aside or lift them up with my fingers to spray everywhere.
And there you go, that is my guide to curling short and frizzy hair. This method is overall great even if you don’t have already curly or frizzy hair. I would love to hear what you thought about this post so please leave a comment! If you have any more tips to curl short hair, I would love to hear!