Wearing a bold red lip is quite a statement look to wear. Knowing how to wear it and creating a lasting effect is a must!
My favourite bold lip to wear is a bright red (red also happens to be one of my favourite colours). Creating a plain bold red lip is quite easy to do, so you don’t need instructions on how to do it, but here is how I create a long lasting bold red lip.
Step 1 – I start by lining my lips with my nude lip liner. After lining them, I apply the lipliner over all of my lips as well.
Step 2 – I then apply my red lipstick, working carefully so that I don’t go over the lines of my lips.
Step 3 – Once I am done applying my lipstick, I check to see if any bleeding occurred and fix that.
Step 4 – To keep my lipstick from getting on my teeth, I make an “O” shape with my lips and put my index finger in my mouth, then pull it out.
Step 5 (this step is optional) – If you want a more glossy look, you can apply a clear lip gloss over your lips or a similar shade of red lip gloss.
Lip liner: Essence lip liner 11 in the nude
Red Lipstick: Essence long lasting lipstick 02 all you need is red
Lipgloss: Essence XXXL shine lip gloss 01 pure chic
Read my review on the lip gloss here: Review: Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss 04 rising star & 01 pure chic
Here are a few tips for a basic red lip:
- Use a lip liner to fill in your lip before you apply lipstick. This will create a strong foundation on your lips.
- Look for a shade near to your natural lip colour, as it is hard to match your red lipstick exactly.
- Moisturize your lips before applying lipstick.
- Try to keep your eye make-up toned down when wearing a bold red lip.
- Apply a little bit of concealer around the border of your mouth to avoid bleeding.
- To keep lipstick from getting on your teeth, make an “O” shape with your lips and put your index finger in your mouth, then pull it out. The excess lipstick that would have gotten on your teeth will come off on your finger