Cateye make-up has been taking over and most women are wearing it!
The thing is, there are so many tutorials out there that make it look so easy, when it is actually not. I have tried so many of these tutorials and none of them worked for me. After almost giving up I finally found what works for me!
Step 1: I close my eye (just more than halfway closed) and put my index finger by the corner of my eye and then lightly pull my eyelid to the side
Step 2: I then use my liquid liner (I absolutely love my Kangol liquid liner) and start with a thin line from the outside towards the inside of my eye.
Step 3: I then simply fill my line until the desired look that I want. I find it easier to work from the outside of my eyelid going towards the inside and I make sure that each layer of liner dries properly before applying another.
Step 4: I finish off my look with some mascara
Eyeliner: Kangol Liquid Liner
Mascara: Essence Maximum Volume Mascara
Here are a few tips when creating a basic cateye:
- I find that it’s best to put concealer on your eyelid prior to doing your cateye make-up.
- You can use a pencil liner, liquid liner or gel liner. It is best to use what works best for you and what you are most comfortable with using.
- If you need to fix a mistake, use a Q-tip with some concealer on.
- Remember that practice makes perfect. The more you practise the look the better it will come out and the steadier your hand will be.
- The best tip that I can give when it comes to creating a cateye, is to find what works for you and to practice, practice, practice!